- Wine – Drinking alcohol in moderation protects against heart disease, diabetes and age-related memory loss.
2. Olive Oil – Contains polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that may help prevent age-related diseases.
3. Blueberries – Compounds in blueberries mitigate inflammation and oxidative damage, which are associated with age-related deficits in memory and motor function.
4. Yogurt – Rich in calcium, which helps stave off osteoporosis and contains “good bacteria” that help maintain gut health.
5. Nuts – Concentrated sources of vitamins, minerals and other phytochemicals, including antioxidants.
6. Fish – Has an abundant source of omega-3 fats, which help prevent cholesterol buildup in arteries and protect against abnormal heart rhythms.
7. Chocolate – Beverage made with generous proportions of cocoa maintain youthful blood vessels lowers risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, kidney disease and dementia.